How can E-Commerce Brands Attract New Customers through Mobile Apps?
The best way for brands to reach their customers in today’s world is through apps. According to Wikipedia, mobile commerce is worth US$800 billion, with Asia representing almost half of the market
Let us go through some of them:
- Provide more value to your customers
Customers’ needs and shopping patterns are evolving. They expect a smoother, more personalized user experience while shopping. Providing a mobile app to your customers for shopping can be a smart strategy to meet those expectations.
With Mobile apps:
- You can securely store the credit card information of customers. It makes payments easier for them.
- You can provide better functionality by observing user actions and understanding individual preferences.
- According to DesignRush report,mobile applications are expected to generate $189 billion by 2020 (Source : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_commerce)
2. Build a direct and personalized marketing channel
Mobile apps can help you gain valuable insights into your customer’s demographics, such as their age, gender, device type, product preferences, retention rates, and so much more. All of this can help you create more customized and effective marketing campaigns.
With mobile apps:
✔ You can collect data from entry points and user sessions on your app. It can help your business create more customized and effective marketing campaigns.
✔ Deliver messages (flash sales, delivery statuses, etc) through push notifications. The response time to such push notifications is always shorter than any other channel which helps you make sale faster.
✔ Provide customized offers and product recommendations to customers by tracking app usage data.
3. Offer instant and better customer service
With mobile apps, you can enhance your customer service tremendously. If any user has any complaint or query about a product, you can connect to the customer executive, using your mobile APP. You can also use the data collected from the app to figure out the issues your customers can have beforehand and provide solutions.
With mobile apps:
- You can embed intelligent, easy-to-use help centers to respond to your customer issues faster.
- Easily collect the feedback and ratings of your customers to improve your services.
- A study by Juniper Research in 2019 estimates retail sales resulting from chatbot-based interactions will reach $112 billion by 2023. (Source : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatbot)
4. Build a loyal base of customers
The success of any brand, in the long run, depends on success of customer retention. If you can’t build a loyal base of customers who will buy from you repeatedly, you will stop making sales after a point. Mobile apps are a great medium to gain such customer loyalty.
With mobile apps, you can run loyalty programs such as:
- Implementing a point (cashback) system.
- Offering app users instant rewards like coins or gift cards.
- Providing coupon codes.
In 2020, Harvard Business School reported that—“in industry after industry“—increasing customer retention rates by 5% increases profits by at least 25% and up to 95% (Source : https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/brand-loyalty.asp)
As per reported by Microsoft: a 7% increase in brand loyalty increases the customer lifetime value (CLV) of each client by 85%. (Source : (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/brand-loyalty.asp)
65% of revenue in most companies comes from repeat business with existing clients. Existing loyal customers buy 90 percent more frequently than new customers and it is far less expensive to maintain a loyal segment than acquire new customers.(Source : https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/brand-loyalty.asp)
5. Building a niche market
When a person downloads your app to buy a product from your brand, that person will automatically prioritize your brand to purchase any product (that your brand sells) next time. A mobile app helps you create your niche in the massive market. This automatically gives you a competitive edge.
A study by Forrester shows that mobile devices was leveraged to facilitate over $1 trillion in sales in 2018. (Source : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_commerce)
If your business is not hitting those revenue goals or you want to reach new customers, a mobile app can be the solution. We are a mobile app development company in Singapore, and we can build a well-designed app for your brand with our mobile app development services Singapore.